I started out by stamping the peacock six times using Tim Holtz's Spring and Summer limited edition Distress Inks. Why? Because they were there, and I've never really played with distress inks before. If I were to do this project over, I would use SU!'s Glorious Green (retired), YoYo Yellow (retired), Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Almost Amethyst (retired), and Bermuda Bay (retired) because this just isn't a distress-y project -- unless you count the distress I experienced trying to figure out the peacock layers! Here's how the peacock finally turned out:
Once I assembled the peacock, my head started swirling with ideas on how to finish the card. I finally called in my BFF Chris to help me calm the brainstorm and settle on something. (Thanks, Chris!) I went with Almost Amethyst as the card base. Next I ran a layer of black/white core Core'dinations through my Big Shot using the Fancy Fan folder, and sanded it and brayered it with Tim Holtz's Shaded Lilac to match the purple in the peacock. I decided to layer the peacock on Almost Amethyst after running it through the Big Shot twice, once with an Apothecary Accents framelit and next with the Stripes embossing folder. I used the sentiment from World Treasures, cutting it out with another framelit from Apothecary Accents. A bit of ribbon, some sponging and some bling, and lots of Stampin' Dimensionals later -- voila! Here's the finished project:
I started out making this card for the tenant association, but after all the fussing I'm not so sure I can give it up so easily yet. That leaves me still needing two cards by Wednesday, so tomorrow it's back to the drawing board! I hope I can come up with something a lot simpler with NO fussy cutting!!
Today is Chris' birthday, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Chris!!!), and I have my fingers crossed that her birthday card will arrive on time. Once she's feasted her eyes on my creation, I'll be posting it here, so stay tuned!
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)