Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fresh Cuts, First Pass

A package from Stampin' Up! landed with a thud outside my door last evening.
The Fresh Cuts stamp set and 4"x4" laser cut notecards are finally here! ...along with the Punches Plus Classy Brass embossing template. Hooray!



I decided to break down and take advantage of this month's SU! Fresh Cuts special after gawking at all the cards posted on the SplitCoastStampers site using these materials. I anticipated ripping my package open and flying through the 15 notecards like the wind. Instead, I sat at my desk and stared, and stared, and stared... and finally agonizingly put together these two cards.



I first made a notecard using the Spring Silhouettes DSP (which you can see through the punched out petals), the 5-Petal Flower punch, and the Spring Blossoms punch. Colors are Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery. In the center is a green bit of bling.






I was pretty darn pleased with my efforts so far, but then I think I raised the bar a bit with my next card. I wasn't too sure of myself at first, but I learned that Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, and Taken with Teal work quite well together. Once again I used the punches and the green rhinestones. I pulled out my Punches Plus Classy Brass to paper pierce around the "for you" oval. The template slipped the first time (grrrr!!), so I had to flip the card base around and do a bit of damage control on the inside of the card. A quote from the Friendship Flowers set layered on DSP saved the day.







No comments: