Sunday, July 25, 2010

Last Two Cards before "The Big Move"

I can't remember if I wrote here that I am moving...? I will be moving to the other side of town next Saturday -- and I can't wait!!!

Here are the last two cards I'll be making in this apartment. The first is a simple thank you card for a new customer who recently placed an order. I've been wanting to make a card using the Tropical Party stamp set and Island Oasis DSP, and this was the perfect opportunity!


Stamps: Tropical Party, Tiny Tags
DSP: Island Oasis
Colors: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red
Punches: 2-3/8 Scallop Circle, Jewelry Tag
Big Shot: Square Lattice embossing folder
And: Sponges, Rose Red brad, Stampin' Dimensionals


My final card for the day is a last-minute sympathy card for the passing of an English Setter named Gus, requested by my friend Cathy. The flowers and front sentiment are from the (retired) Close as a Memory set, while the inside was simply printed from my computer. The little paw prints are from the set D is for Dog.




Stamps: Close as a Memory, D is for Dog
DSP: Autumn Traditions (retired)
Colors: Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Basic Black
And: Always Artichoke brads


The next time I post, it will be from my new home in Hilliard, Ohio! YAY! Catch ya on the flip side!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce

4 comments:

Katie Kleber said...

nice cards! love the first one and am sad about the second...nice new picture too.

peace,

rush8888 said...

for some reason, i am not getting your updates, so i re-uped. love the palm tree cards. also, i wonder who gus is...i can't remember everyone's pet, but i think it is my step-sister kim. "lickstat" is the secret word, and it is so appropriate for a pet!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your move and I hope it really works out for you. My uncle lives in Hilliard. He moved from Nebraska several years ago as he needed more care than I could provide and my aunt (his sister) lives there. I hope it's a nice new apartment! :)
Shala

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love the tropical card! One of my favourite sets.