Friday, July 27, 2012

I've Been Stamping... !

This month I resolved to not wait until the very last minute to work on my four cards for the tenant association where I live.  I hope you'll be proud of me when you hear that I'm halfway done with extra cards to spare!

I started out with a warm-up exercise, which was to pretty up a Yoplait yogurt container that I've been using to hold my Tombow mono multi glue upside down and ready to use.  You may remember that I have already covered a Yoplait container, but I needed a second one since my first is now being used to hold my Smooch Spritzes upright.  Anyway, I kept it simple, using Stampin' Up!'s Summer Smooches designer series paper:


My first two (identical) cards were created using one of the designs in the Patio Party designer series paper, the World Treasures and Papillon Potpourri stamp sets, and the new butterfly punch, all from Stampin' Up!



I punched the butterfly twice -- once from a scrap of Primrose Petals and once from vellum. I layered the two and then used four basic gemstones to form the butterfly body.  The ribbon is an organdy from a few years ago.  To get the sentiment, I used markers to add color to the stamp while omitting the given saying.  I then took the "Thinking of YOU" from another set and plopped it into place using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig.

I'm pretty pleased with my next batch of cards, all made with the Summer Silhouettes set.  I used a Labels Collection framelit to create a white canvas on which I sponged some background color and then built a bright garden using the colors Marina Mist, Gumball Green, Regal Rose, and Daffodil Delight.  I used small sentiments from Vintage Labels and Silhouette Sentiments, stamped on a 1" circle and then layered on the SMALL scallop circle punch which will be in the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog.  I raised this up with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals, then added four butterflies created with the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  Finally, I added some Dazzling Details (Stampin' Up!'s version of Stickles) to the pink flowers on both the front and insides of the cards as well as the envelopes.  Here, why not just take a look?  (I uploaded multiple pictures of some in the hope that you can see the sparkly on some.)








I had a brave moment and spritzed some iridescent gold Glimmer Mist on the pink card.  In "real" life, the card looks like I stamped it on SU!'s shimmer white card stock!




 And, of course, I had to make matching envelopes!





I did make another card, but I'll post it after the recipient receives it so I don't spoil the surprise!

Wishing you a happy, stampy weekend!
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
  

2 comments:

christina d said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the colors and the butterflies. I wanna see the other card, can't wait!

christina d said...

Got to post again. I really love the cards. I'm going to copy once I get all I need! Where's the bunnies though??