Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

I recently took a short break from paper crafting and spent some time at Color Me Mine, a ceramics painting studio near where I live -- and this is my new soup and cereal bowl! A touch of groovy, a bit of goofy, and a whole lot of sunshine (because the yellow is so bright) add up to a cheery dish!

I basically painted the outside bright yellow and the inside purple, then randomly stamped and sponged shapes all over to create a retro pattern. I had no idea how it would turn out, but I'm happy with the result. It definitely has that not-done-by-a-professional look, but that's okay.



(Click on the photo to enlarge it.)

I am now in the process of cleaning up my work area (well, actually, the whole room) after the ATC frenzy of last month. I hope to get that done no later than this weekend so that I can roll up my sleeves and start working on holiday cards!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
  

1 comment:

christina d said...

I do love your bowl. It's so bright and colorful. Wanna come clean my area next?