Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pop and Place Holiday Gift Tags

Stampin' Up! has a brand new pair of products, released about two weeks ago, called Pop and Place Holiday Gift Tags and the coordinating photopolymer stamp set Christmas Tagables. I've had the bug for some time now to create a batch of gift tags for a friend whose idea of a gift tag is a piece of wrapping paper and a large black Sharpie -- not that there's anything wrong with that! I just want to give her another option if she's interested, and if she's not she can always re-gift the tags.

Here's what the stamp set looks like:


and here's what the kit looks like:


I had a lot of fun making the tags!  I used the above items plus a few other holiday stamps, some paper scraps, and punches. The coordinating colors are Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White, and I added a few pieces of gold foil paper left over from a previous project. I also supplied my own 1/16" round hole puncher and baker's twine in Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade (close enough to Old Olive to due in a pinch). Oh, and I threw in some Cherry Cobbler seam binding, too.

Now, I didn't use all the tags in the booklet for this project; I put the two largest sizes aside for use on cards later on. I also didn't use the cute little scalloped frames because they were in hiding under my computer keyboard until after I had finished and put everything else away. SU! perforated the sections of tags so that I can use the outsides (e.g. the patterned paper around the round gift tag) for another project if it suits me. The booklet itself has pockets in the front and back for storing punched out pieces.

The hardest part about this project was figuring out where to jump in. Once I got going, though, I had a blast making the tags! Below are pictures of just some of the tags I created. Some are simple, and some a little more creative. On the backside of each tag, except for the smallest "mosaic" shaped pieces, I stamped the words TO and FROM.







If you have any questions about the kit or my tags, you're welcome to ask by either leaving a comment or emailing me. 

Next post:  Another batch of Christmas cards!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
   

1 comment:

christina d said...

Those are great. Got to get my kit ordered!