Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Paper Pumpkin - March 2014

It's been a difficult few months thanks to having to move so that my apartment can be renovated. Moving day was April 11, and to be honest my head is still spinning. If all goes as planned, I will be back in my apartment around July 28th - and then the unpacking fun begins!

Needless to say, my blogging has fallen by the wayside, but I have a lot to show you. I'm starting with some pictures I took before the move, and I'll try to post the art as it happened chronologically (as best I can remember). I'll start with the cards I made with the March 2014 My Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up!

While I stuck with the blueprint provided with the kit for some of the cards, on others I went in a different direction. Here are the five done as Stampin' Up! suggested, using their design and ink colors of Calypso Coral or Island Indigo on the striped Bermuda Bay card base, plus my own idea of Melon Mambo. The glitter dots and wooden elements were provide by SU!, while the gold bakers twine was my own idea.






These are the ones I played around with:


Rather than stamping, I added some natural chevron ribbon. Meh.

************


Here I used non-SU! stamps and colored the inside of the heart with my new-found favorite glittery pen, clear Wink of Stella.


************

This one's my favorite...



The butterfly is cut from a Spellbinders die set which I suspect will see a lot of use. I'm not sure about the stamps, but if my memory serves me the front of the card is non-SU! while the inside is from a SU! photopolymer set. I used a multi-colored Brilliance pearlescent ink pad, which gives the stamping an incredible sheen in person.

************

My next post was partially written back in early April and will feature both cards and ATCs by my friend Margie and myself. Watch out for some eye candy!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear / StamperJoyce
   

2 comments:

christina d said...

I love the cards. Where did you get the wink of stella? I can't find a store with it. I have a couple of new butterfly dies from memory box I can use like yours. At least you have a few supplies to use.

christina d said...

I love the cards. Where did you get the wink of stella? I can't find a store with it. I have a couple of new butterfly dies from memory box I can use like yours. At least you have a few supplies to use.