Tuesday, May 30, 2017

It's a Sara Thing

April's My Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up! was the best yet! It was designed by Sara, who is CEO and co-founder Shelli Gardner's daughter, and even contained stamps in Sara's distinctive handwriting. The twelve cards consisted of black bases, watercolored pieces, washi tape, and some other unique embellishments. Sara included a gift of a small watercolor pencil set for us to work with as well as a paintbrush. I had a blast putting the cards together!

As I usually do with Paper Pumpkin kits, I took liberties and strayed slightly from the given instructions. The kit included three card designs with enough supplies for four of each. No two of my cards is exactly alike, adding to the fun. Below are pictures of the most distinctive ones.

Card 1:


Card 2:

Card 3:


The watercolored pieces were pre-embossed for us, making the painting a cinch. The glitter on the thick translucent resin (I think) pieces was on only one side, so we could decide whether we wanted to apply them to the cards glitter side up or glitter side down. The leaves punched right out, making them quick and easy. I opted to add a clear gemstone to the center of my flowers. I couldn't resist the urge to add sequins to some of the cards.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Coming up next: a colorful birthday card, a quick floral card, and four fancy floral cards that took most of my Memorial Day weekend to complete. I think you'll be impressed!

Spring-y Smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
            

No comments: