Monday, June 19, 2017

A Card for Adeline with Cosmic Shimmer

I recently celebrated a first-year anniversary with my home health nurse, Adeline, and wanted to make a card for her as a thank you for her support and friendship. I wanted her card to be something super special - so I brought out my Cosmic Shimmer. Cosmic Shimmer is an embossing paste that is thick with fine glitter, and on a card it has a huge wow factor. I colored it with Something Borrowed ink and used it with the Mod Squared stencil by Catherine Pooler Designs to create a fabulous background, and was very pleased with how it turned out. I only wish I could have captured the shimmer better in the photos!


Since I had my Stamp of Approval Perfect Reason collection box out (that's where I got the stencil from), I decided to use other elements from the collection to build the card. The layer of leaves was made with the Perfect Vines dies, and then I used the Perfect Reason stamp set and coordinating dies to create the flower bunch. The sentiment is from the Everyday Mod stamp set.


Naturally (because I am so addicted to them) I used Catherine Pooler's inks in Something Borrowed, Party Dress, Grass Skirt, Tiki Torch, and Pixie Dust. The leaves were cut from Cucumber Crisp cardstock from Stampin' Up because it so closely matches the Grass Skirt ink.

Adeline was both impressed and deeply touched by the card, so I'd say the project was a success!

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Coming up next are several cards made with products from the most recent Stamp of Approval collection called Inspired by Nature, as well as another Cosmic Shimmer card. I placed an order from Stampin' Up's new annual catalog last night, so I'm hoping to be back to using SU materials again very soon!

Shimmery smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
          

2 comments:

Jennifer Hovermale said...

I really like the colors that you used together. Very spring-summery looking! I especially love the shimmering blue embossing paste!!! Although I can't see the shimmer, I am just imagining what it looks like. And this is a beautiful card!!!!

Joyce Spear said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer! I have to confess, if I hadn't made the card specifically for someone else, I would have been tempted to keep it in my stash for awhile just so I could look at it again. :)