Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cards for Guys, by Request

I was requested to make some cards that would be appropriate to give to men for birthdays or whatever, and this is what I came up with. Some cards I created awhile ago and just tweaked today, and others are brand spankin' new.



These first two have a primitive (caveman, ha ha) feel to them. They've been looking for a home for some time, so tonight I added some fibers to the spines and told them they would soon be loved.






These next two were also made some time ago using Hero Arts stamps. The card base for the orange one has a leathery texture to it which is lost in the photo. The other card base is Sage Shadow.






These two are hot off the press, and were made with SU!'s Loads of Love set and patterned paper from DCWV.






This freshly-made card is one of my favorites. Stamps are from Stampin' Up! Trees are from Lovely as a Tree, and I've momentarily lost track of where the "Thinking of You" came from. Colors are current "In Colors" Blue Bayou and Soft Sky, and the trees and words are embossed in detail gold.






I really love the old fart in these next two -- isn't he fun? The patterned paper arrived in the mail today with some stamps sent in a roundabout way from my friend Fonda, and was just what I was looking for. Base of cards are Soft Sky and Close to Cocoa.






This next card has been floating around since last Spring. Card base is Very Vanilla, ink is Chocolate Chip, and patterned paper is from SU!'s retired Au Chocolat designer paper series. I added a bit of coordinating brown grosgrain to jazz it up a bit.






I'm heading to bed now so I can be fresh for tomorrow since I have a lunch date with Fonda's mom. Olive Garden, hooray! I'm hoping I'll be up and functional in time to make two more cards so I can give her an even dozen, but we'll see what happens.

No comments: