Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Katie, Wherever You Are!

I'm posting this in hopes Katie has received her birthday card by now, since her birthday was Sunday.



I thought and thought about what kind of card to make for her this year, and -- not surprisingly to anyone who knows her -- I decided to go with a fish theme. (She's currently in North Carolina working towards her doctorate in FISH!)



I pulled out all the fish stamps I could find (more than I thought I had) to put this card together. I used a sponge brayer to brayer Blue Breeze Kaleidacolor ink onto glossy cardstock. I stamped schools of fishies in gold Brilliance on the background, and then spritzed some iridescent gold Glimmer Mist for added effect. After mounting the background onto a Soft Sky card base, I picked out the three coolest larger fish and used detail gold to emboss them on Soft Sky cardstock. I cut them out and threw them into (okay, attached them onto) the watery background with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added the front and inside sentiments using Palette Noir Black, and then sent the card on it's merry way with a kiss. I hope she likes it!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE!




No comments: