Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Stampers Swap Cards

I've been dawdling a lot playing games on Pogo and watching Netflix, only to discover some deadlines snuck up on me for swaps with my Happy Stampers group. Eek! Nothing like an adrenaline rush to make stamping all that much more interesting. *grin*



"Bleaching" is the theme of this first card. I sponged bleach on black cardstock to create a cool nighttime cloud effect, and then invited a little owl to sit on a branch under the full moon and stars. The owl is stamped in bleach on red textured cardstock. I added a little visual texture to the branch by running my Batik Stampin' Around wheel across it a few times. I accented the branch with some leaves I cut freestyle. A little bleach sponged onto the yellow moon gives it a bit of a cratered look. The bitsy stars are from a corner punch I dug up. This sure isn't my usual style of stamping, but I rather like the card.






The theme for the next card swap is "E is for..." I ran across these two elephant stamps in my stash a few weeks ago, and just HAD to use them for this card! Aren't they gorgeous? Yes, there are two. One is the larger one used on the card front, and one is a smaller version of the same which I used on the envelope. I went out of my comfort zone and pulled out some textured burgundy cardstock as well as some brushed gold cardstock from SU! The elephant is embossed in Bmuse's "Razberry Dazzle" Very Fine Detail Embossing Powder -- absolutely gorgeous burgundy-ish powder with flecks of violet and gold. (You can see the gold shimmer in the smaller detail picture below.) I used the Batik wheel once again to create a background on the burgundy card base. The rest is layering and punches. I'm particularly proud of my first use of a brand new Boho Blossoms punch in creating the 5-layer accent design.









My dawdling days are over for awhile (or better be!) since I have Halloween and holiday cards to work on as well as other special event cards to make. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures in stamping!


No comments: