Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tea Party Designer Series Paper

Some new Stampin' Up! stuff arrived Friday, including the stamp sets Sweet Stems and Playful Petals which coordinate with the Tea Party DSP. I was torn between going wild with these and working on some swaps that have deadlines coming up -- so I compromised and managed to do a little of both.



This first card is for a "Spring is Sprung" 1-for-1 swap. It's not the card I had planned in my head (which used different colors, different stamps, and different paper!), but I'm still happy with it. I started out coloring the largest flower from the Playful Petals set with SU! markers, but it looked AWFUL, like a 1st grader had colored it, so I quickly destroyed the evidence. Am I the only one who has problems with markers looking blotchy on SU!'s Whisper White cardstock? I think I need to invest in some good quality watercolor paper and see if that helps.



I decided to use the Sweet Stems set instead, reasoning that the blotchiness wouldn't be as noticeable on a smaller scale. I chose one of the patterns from the oh-so-pretty Tea Party DSP which uses Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, and Almost Amethyst. (Well, Basic Grey, too -- but I didn't want to bring that color into my springy card.) Other supplies used include the Eyelet Border punch, a sponge, and some white grosgrain. I decided to leave a sentiment off the front, and stamped "Life is Full of New Beginnings" on the inside.






The second card, for a "J is for..." swap, features an Inkadinkado stamp that I just LOVE! This simple card uses a Hero Arts flower and an oversized green brad covered with Stickles.






Next on the agenda: Mothers Day cards.


2 comments:

Katie Kleber said...

wow, how pretty are they? i esp. like the first one...the leafy part!

peace

Kelli Waters said...

Tea Party is my favorite DSP. Very nice work!