Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Catching Up: Cards

Here are some cards I've made in the last two months.

For this first design, I used a new Stampin' Up! stamp set from the Spring mini catalog called Henry Says.  Henry has a lot of accessories that make him useful for not only Christmas cards, but all kind of occasions.  I love working with him and my Stamp-a-ma-jig, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more cards with my favorite elephant!




The next stamp set I worked with was Snowflake Soiree from the Holiday mini catalog.  I have many snowflake stamp sets, but this is my absolute favorite (well, at least until my NEXT favorite comes along!)  I used Regal Rose on my prototype along with a lot of bling:



When I made the set, though, I cut back on the bling and substituted Pretty in Pink for the Regal Rose, which I think gives it a softer look:



I can't take credit for these final three cards, as they were designed by an awesome Stampin' Up! stamper, Diana Gibbs.  (You can check out her website here.)  She is offering by-mail classes, and I thought it would be fun to try one out.  It's been a long time since I stamped without having to design and then collect supplies and then put everything away when I'm done.  Diana's kit came with everything I needed to make these cards except for adhesive.  She even provided the card stock for me to stamp on!  I followed her designs fairly closely, but still tweaked a few things to make them mine.  These cards are definitely not my usual style, so it was VERY fun to get inside Diana's head and create something she dreamed up!

The three cards are designed around the stamp set Affection Collection, which was offered in the Holiday mini catalog.  Because the stamps in the set are unusual and again not my style, I never even considered purchasing the set until I saw Diana's offer.  I'm so glad I gave it a shot!  Okay, enough blabbering -- here are the pictures:




Aren't they the SWEETEST??  Thanks, Diana!

Now that I've updated my blog with my latest ATCs and cards, I guess it's time to get busy making some more stuff!  Hmmm.... what can I get into next?

Thanks for visiting!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)

2 comments:

rush said...

yay! i am still in a slump, so i am glad you are into making somethings! ps. i was the happy recipient of the first card. (to all who read this...na na na na na na!)

christina d said...

Your cards came out so cute. Of course Henry is my fave!