Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fifty Christmas Cards - Batch Seven (Final!) - Calm Christmas

I am so excited! I completed the order from my neighbor for fifty unique Christmas cards (each one at least a little bit different from all the others) twelve days earlier than the December 1st deadline! The best news is that he was pleased with every single one of the cards! I'm over the moon, as this is the biggest card order I've ever had and, truth be told, I wasn't totally convinced I had it in me. A huge shout out to all the friends who supported and encouraged me on this project; I know I couldn't have done it without you all!  

The stamp set I used for the final cards is Stampin' Up!'s Calm Christmas. I started with card bases of Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, and Real Red. Then I used three different embossing folders (dots, stripes, and a starry swirl) on panels of Crumb Cake. The next layers were a smaller panel of the base color again, over which the main image, a dove, was stamped in Crumb Cake on a layer of Very Vanilla. The "Peace on Earth" sentiments coordinate with the card base colors. Embellishments include a strip of coordinating ribbon over which is placed a Very Vintage Designer Button (in one of three styles) threaded with natural linen thread tied into a pretty little bow. These were my favorite of all the Christmas card styles I made as part of this order, mostly because the simple, elegant design lends itself easily to variations while at the same time being quick and easy to assemble.  







And the inside...


A special thank-you goes to Kay Kalthoff for her card I first saw on Pinterest that inspired me!

-----------------

Now that this order is done (hooray!), I have one "mystery image" Artist Trading Card to do before I start on making my own holiday cards! I have lots of ideas up my sleeves, so I hope you'll stick with me for upcoming posts!

It's been suggested that I offer some BLOG CANDY, something I've never done before because I have such a small list of subscribers and I think most of them are fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators who already have everything I could offer. However, there is an up side to my low readership -- and that's that it increases the chances of winning for everyone who stops by and leaves a comment! So just for the fun of it, I've decided that I will offer blog candy the next time one of my posts gets comments from five different people -or- when I get five brand new subscribers. How do you subscribe? you ask. Simply submit your email address in the Feedblitz section in the right column just underneath my profile. When you do that, you will be sent an email confirming your email address and asking if you still want to subscribe. Click on the provided link and TaDaaa!, you'll be a subscriber! If you're as excited about the possibility of blog candy as I am, be sure to share this blog with your friends and encourage them to leave comments! When either criteria is met, I will make a separate post announcing the blog candy so that all my subscribers will know what's happening and what they could win.  Sound like fun?

Sweet blog candy Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
    

2 comments:

Lori Comeau said...

Wow, great job on these cards. They came out amazing.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

christina d said...

They're great! I love the dove and you made it rock. You could just send me the candy??