Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another (Even Better) Card in a Box

As a follow-up to a post from last week, I decided to make another Card in a Box. I gave away my first one and thought it would be prudent to make another while the logistics were still fresh in my head. Luckily my friend Margie was around to fine-tune my memory as I was making it.

I used different patterns from the same DSP I used last time, Sweet Sorbet, and this time my stamp set was Petal Parade, the one Margie used on her first one. Instead of using the Little Leaves sizzlit, I used the leaves and branch from the Bird builder punch as well as the bird's wing. Pistachio Pudding made for a softly colored card base and leaves. I used Stampin' Up!'s basic jewels rather than Stickles, and I think the card came together nicely. Click any photo to enlarge.




I'm happy with how this project turned out, but I'm eager to try one with brighter colors and something other than a floral theme ...

... but for now, it's pack, pack, pack. It's hard to believe that I'll be living somewhere else in about 30 days, especially considering I haven't been told yet where that place is!

Smiling at the irony of "in a box" projects,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
                 

1 comment:

christina d said...

I love this one too. I have got to try one. I do hope the packing isn't too bad.