Monday, October 3, 2016

World Card Making Day 2016, Part 2

I made two cards during WCMD weekend, both pretty simple.

Card 1
This was for the 4:00 challenge on Friday, and the theme was Land - in other words, greenery found on the land, images of the countryside, etc. I decided to focus on trees and use the Stampin' Up! set Totally Trees.


Stamps: Totally Trees; Live, Love, Grow (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red (SU)
Paper: Gumball Green, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder (SU), Brights and Regals Enamel Shapes (SU), Stampin’ Dimensionals (SU)


Card 2
I made my final card for the weekend for the final challenge over at StampNation, which was All About the Weather. Predictably, I chose to work with a rainbow.



Stamps: Hello Sunshine (Pink Paislee), Strokes of Wisdom (Raisin Boat), Collectable (My Mind’s Eye)
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crisp, Pacific Point, Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder (SU), Lavender Fields (Altenew)
Paper: Cucumber Crisp, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Scallop Circle punches (SU), Stitched Circle die (SSS), Brights Enamel Shapes (SU), Crystal Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

* * * * * * * * * * * *
I've done five of the twelve challenges so far, and hope to do a few more yet. In order to be eligible for prizes at StampNation from our generous sponsors, our cards must be submitted by October 22nd. I'm hoping things will be pretty quiet around here so I can focus my efforts.

So how did you celebrate World Card Making Day? Did you do anything special? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

Big Smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
                    

2 comments:

HolyLise said...

The rainbow is gorgeous! Your card is really happy :)
Thanks for joining us at Kat's card making challenge - Josefine

AJ Bodine said...

Both of your designs are wonderful..I especially like those trees stamped in a rainbow, what a neat idea! Thank you for joining us for the Kat Scrappiness World Card Making Day Challenge! AJ, DT