Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lavendar Lace Day

These are cards made from cardstock cut for workshops back in 2001. Might as well use the stuff, right? Seems back then Lavendar Lace was my favorite color, so here's a slew of purple cards.



I used the set Carte Postale on this first card. The center layer is Lovely Lilac, as is the ink. The bird and the "Bonjour" are layered on metallic silver cardstock. I made two of these cards.






Here's a simple card using the sets Sidekick Sayings and Doodle That. (Doodle That is used on the inside and the envelope.) The background paper is, I think, from PSX. Gold eyelets are from SU! I used blender pens to add color to the central image. I have four of these cards.






Sassy Stems is the set featured on this next card, along with So Many Sayings. The flowers are colored with blender pen. "From me to you" is cut out using the Word Window punch. Three clear crystal gems highlight the center of the flowers. I ended up making two of these cards, even though the plan was for three.






This last card is the result of bad planning. I had trimmed my designer paper so that I'd have a rectangle left to use, but when I went to assemble this card, I realized I had used the rectangle to create accent strips on the inside of the cards! (Oops.) So, I dug around in a pile of papers I had sitting nearby and came up with this white fabric mesh stuff. The only other difference between this one and the card above is that I used violet gems of varying sizes in the flower centers. This card is a one-of-a-kind.





No comments: