Thursday, July 17, 2008

New "In Colors"!

I got NEW STUFF! from Stampin' Up! today! Woohoooo!!!



Needless to say, I tore into the new In Color cardstock and inks right away. The first two cards I came up with are made with the new Level 3 hostess set "Happiness Always." I'm not wild about the double-mounting (two stamps per wood block), but other than that, I love love love love love this set!



This first card has a Pacific Point card base. I stamped the main images on Pirouette Pink cardstock with the same pink, then overstamped with Riding Hood Red. Butterflies are stamped in Pacific Point on the card base, and I accented one with Riding Hood Red. LOOKIE!! See the scallops? Those were done using the new SU! scallop border punch. How cool!






The inside of the card has scallops, too! I also added a panel of Pirouette Pink since the the Pacific Point seems it would be a bit dark to write on.






I'm not a big fan of the color orange, but this Tangerine Tango is starting to grow on me. I actually (surprisingly!) like it with the Kiwi Kiss color.






It's 4:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake, but I better head to bed anyway since I have an early doctor appointment. Watch for more In Color cards coming soon!


3 comments:

rush8888 said...

now where have i seen the short card front with the color adhered to the inside? hmmm...? at least brown is not one of the "in" colors....

rush8888 said...

ps...love you new "made by" stamp....tray kool

Ret said...

hi Joyce,
What set is that butterfly from?
I love your cards. The new in colors are not my favorite this time..I do like the Pacific Point & the Riding Hood Red...but the others will grow on me, I'm sure!!
lol
thanks,
Ret