Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sleepless Night...

I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought I'd make the best of a lousy situation and use up my scraps of DSP from the cards I made yesterday. I don't know if it was sleep deprivation or what, but these three cards turned out to be, well, interesting. The jury's out until after I get some sleep whether or not I like them, but here they are in all their glory:



The quote on vellum is by DCWV (Die Cuts With a View, for those not familiar with the acronym). I used the larger flourish from Priceless on the Apricot Appeal card base, then did some layering. I'm not so happy with the combination of gold eyelets on the vellum and crystal bling on the posies, but all-in-all it's not a horrible card.






The following card has a Regal Rose card base with panels of Apricot Appeal DSP layered on Wild Wasabi. A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants -- and this is what happened. I pulled out my Think Happy Thoughts set for the first time and decided it's going to become a good friend. Some Wasabi double stitched ribbon, a couple punches (who me? punchy?), a little paper piercing, and a wee bit of bling in the center of the flower... and here's how it turned out:






The sun was a-startin' to rise when I made this third card with the Butterfly of Happiness set. I stamped off with the butterfly to create a "spread" effect to go with the quote. The card base is Pretty in Pink with layers of Regal Rose and DSP. I especially like this card because of its simplicity.





1 comment:

rush8888 said...

the colors don't do it for me, but the repetition does! neat-o