Monday, August 31, 2009

Bad Card ... Fixed?

Thanks to the outpouring of ideas on how to fix the damaged card from the previous post, I finally settled on a solution I can live with.

I tried several tactics (paper piercing, string of pearls, alcohol as an eraser, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place additional dotted curves as part of the design) before settling on trimming out the sliver of unwanted stamping and then adding a few more slivers to make it look planned. I backed the watercolored panel with Melon Mambo cardstock to match the eyelet border at the bottom and the NEW ribbon, and re-mounted the panel on Stampin' Dimensionals. Sigh. It took me more time to repair the damage than to make the card in the first place!



Many thanks to each and every one of you who offered suggestions, both as comments in the post below and in emails responding to my plea for ideas. I continue to be awed by the creativity of my peers!

Stamp Set: Always
Colors: Burmuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Black
And: Iridescent Medium, stipple brushes, reinkers, grosgrain ribbon, Heart to Heart and Eyelet Border punches, paper snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, gravity

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome fix. This looks great. You probably couln't have planned it better.

christina d said...

The card looks great. I'm sure glad you got it fixed. I love the BG, what a great idea.

rush8888 said...

good save!

Katie Kleber said...

NICE! i like the little swoops, i think it was a good save and works in the final piece. i had no suggestions...glad others did.

peace

Ramblin Rose said...

I just want to know what the "Bad" card did? LOL It certainly looks like a "good" card to me. ;-) You did a great job covering the oops.

Rose Ann