Friday, August 14, 2009

Custom-Made Cards

A friend of mine ordered ten cards last week, and I was happy to oblige. She asked for some general birthday, thank you, and thinking of you cards, plus two custom cards. I was able to easily pull eight cards out of my expansive stash that fit her requirements:




... and then began working on the two custom cards. One of her requests was for a "man card" for a relative who likes to hunt and fish. I don't have deer or realistic looking fish, but I told her I had a moose stamp. She laughed and told me I could use it. Here's how it turned out:


I used colored pencils with odorless mineral spirits to color the moose image, used a Sharpie to create a small black border, and used SU!'s Rough Texture wheel for the background. Inside I put a sentiment from one of the many birthday sets Stampin' Up! offers.

The next card was much more interesting to make, and I'm really proud of how it turned out. A friend of my friend recently added a new little puppy to her family, so she was hoping for a fitting card that would be personal. I started out with this card front:


... and put a little surprise on the inside:


It's perfect because the puppy is all black except for four white paws!

The puppy is made with all Stampin' Up! punches. Accessories included a white gel pen, some Crystal Effects for the shiny nose, and some googly eyes I had in my stash. (Thank goodness the puppy is a girl since all my googly eyes have eyelashes, lol!) Here's a close up:


Other supplies for the card include a Pink Pirouette card base, Bella Rose DSP, a computer-printed sentiment, my Eyelet Border punch, SU! felt flowers with white button brads, buttons with white scrappers floss, and white taffeta ribbon.

I'm really pleased with how quickly this order came together, and I think my friend will be very very happy. I think she knows I'm including her birthday card in the package, but I'll hold off posting it here until I'm sure she's gotten it.

1 comment:

Ramblin Rose said...

Love your masculine "moose" card and baby card.

Rose Ann