Friday, August 16, 2013

A Birthday Card!

A very dear friend of mine -- and my Stampin' Up! downline, too -- had a birthday recently, which gave me the opportunity to pull out the SU! Best of Birthdays set. She is quite fond of this year's In Colors, so I used them all!


It's hard to see in the picture, but some of the presents in the background have Dazzling Details (Stampin' Up!'s version of Stickles) on them for added bling. The Happy Birthday to You oval is clear embossed, which is easy to do even if you don't have a particular color in Craft (pigment) ink; just tap your stamp in VersaMark ink before loading it with Classic (dye) ink, stamp, and heat emboss using clear embossing powder as usual.  Cool, eh?  Here's the inside of the card:


The cupcake has a bit of Dazzling Details on it, too.

Happy Birthday once again, Chris!  I hope you enjoyed your card, and I wish you many more years of happiness and friendship!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)

No comments: