Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Language of Friendship

I just finished up a card that I'm entering in a challenge on the Paper Seedlings blog.  (Check it out, Linda does some pretty cards!)  For this challenge we were to use the Stampin' Up! colors of Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron along with any neutral we'd like.  The theme of the card was "Friendship."  I decided it would be fitting to use the SU! set Language of Friendship.  Working with these colors was a challenge -- the neutral saved me! -- but I think I did okay:


And the inside:


A couple of my friends also participated in the challenge, so I can't wait to see the results.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've taken on the job of making 50 unique Christmas cards for one of my neighbors.  He plans to give one card to each of the people in our senior community, his philosophy being "everybody should know what it feels like to own a piece of art made just for them."  My goal is to have at least 10 cards done by the first of each month August through December.  I'm currently two cards shy of my September 1 goal, but I'm using some of the cards I made earlier this year.  I'm going to have to work my butt off to keep up, but I am so very excited about this project.

'Tis also the season of birthdays, so I'll be posting some of the birthday cards I'll be sending soon.  I have some artist trading cards (ATCs) to post, too.  I hope you'll stick around to enjoy the ride!

Happy smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
  

1 comment:

christina d said...

I love the card. I didn't know about using a neutral so mine is a little plain. Oh well I love how yours came out.