Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snowflakes

I started out today to make a single card for a "Snow Flurries" swap in one of the Yahoo! groups I belong to; but I liked the card so much that I made a couple more to send out as holiday cards for myself this year!



I've been going through purple withdrawal these last few weeks, so it was time to work with shades of violet -- Almost Amethyst and Elegant Eggplant, to be exact. It's taken me a couple years, but I finally cracked open my retired SU! set "Snowflakes" this afternoon. I used Crystal Frost powder (kinda like Dazzling Diamonds mixed in with White) to emboss the snowflakes. The eggplant panels were then dry embossed with my Scor-Pal to create a frame. I paired gold and silver cording for the spine of the card and around the snowflake panel, then raised the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals.





1 comment:

rush8888 said...

i bet if i put my tongue on the snowflake it would melt... or it would make a wet spot on the paper and glitter on my tongue. pretty!