Sunday, May 31, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again!

I suppose with "Back in the Saddle Again!" as a title, you're expecting cowboy cards; but 'taint so! I'm just celebrating getting back to cardmaking in a big way today, as I've completed seven cards in two days and been awake 14 hours a day for three days in a row. Given the medications that I'm fighting with, all of this is HUGE! I've been feeling like aliens have taken over my body for the last month or so, but I think I'm getting ME back!

Since I still had the SU! Bright Delights rub-ons sitting out, I decided to make a few more cards with them. Card bases for the first two cards are Tangerine Tango, and the SU! designer papers are Good Morning Sunshine (current) and Recollections (retired). I added a few dots of Vintage Photo Distress Stickles on each and called these two cards done. The base for the third card is Pink Pirouette, and the design is 100% rub-ons. It doesn't get any more simple than that!

Card 1:

Card 1 inside:

Card 2:

Card 3:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next I decided to tackle a special swap just between myself and a friend (hi, Char!). We traded images of stamps we wanted new ideas on how to use with the agreement we would share the results with each other. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does with what I sent her; and I hope/think she'll be pleased with what I came up with for her images.

I believe the images I picked out are from a set called Just Dream by The Angel Company. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!) I couldn't decide which of the sweet angel images to work with, so I ended up making a set of four cards.

I used plain ol' colored pencils to add color to each of the angels. I found the coolest paper with gold foil swirls in my stash to use as the background print. Card base and layers are SU! Pacific Point, and I went a little crazy with gold brads for embellishments. I used oval punches on the sentiments for each card. I adhered each angel panel with 1/16" Stampin' Dimensionals, and each of the sentiments with 1/8" Dimensionals so that each card would have a multi-layered look. The cards themselves are really simple, but I think the foil really adds POW! to the project.

Angel 1:

Angel 2:

Angel 3:

Angel 4:

Inside of cards:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do next as there's so many directions I could go from here. I've been involved in some images swaps and have gotten some delightful images I'm itching to work with. However, I also have some brand spankin' new SU! sets that have never seen ink that keep calling out to me. (There's actually so many of those new sets that they're calling out to me in harmony!) I signed up for the Technique Junkies newsletter last week, so I could roll up my sleeves and begin experimenting with what I'm learning there. And then there's those digital stamps I started playing with... and some new templates I'd like to try... Oh my! What a happy dilemma! Stay tuned to see what happens next; I'll probably be just as surprised as you are!

1 comment:

Princess of glitter said...

Wow Joyce!! Those are some cool cards. I love the girls with wings and the different variations you did. Thanks for sharing!