Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Moon is Blue

After making those nine Lovely Flowers Stampin' Up! cards (in the post below), I needed to shake things up a little. What a perfect time to work on a "The Moon is Blue" swap! The idea is to make a card with a sun/moon/stars theme. I just love working with stamps that have a celestial theme to them, but since most of my stamps in this category are non-SU!, they tend to be neglected.



I started with a Rich Razzleberry card base layered with a piece of DSP from Razzleberry Lemonade. I stamped stars on this background with gold Brilliance to give it a glow. I used a Kaleidecolor inkpad to stamp the main sun and moon image; the purple in this inkpad is what inspired me to pull out the Rich Razzleberry cardstock in the first place.



I'm not sure who makes the main image stamp or the background stars stamp, but if anyone really needs me to go check, I will. The sentiment in the Keytag shape, stamped in gold Brilliance, is from TAC: "I see the moon, the moon sees me, God bless the moon, and God bless me."






1 comment:

rush8888 said...

the main image in laurel burch. pretty. off to see more...