Sunday, August 30, 2009

Play Day

Today I played. *smile* I don't have any finished cards to show you, but I would like you to see some amazing "handmade paper" I created. My plan is to incorporate these into cards within the next couple weeks.

It was hard to get good photos of my play results because what you see is affected by how the light hits it. If you look at them from one angle, they look like pretty watercolored backgrounds. When the light hits them just right, though, you can see some incredible shimmer.




Sherrill Graff and Shirley Munoz came up with this technique. Sherrill recently shared it with the Stampin' Up! Late Night Stampers group. (Are you a member yet? If not, why not?? You're missing out on a lot of good stuff!)




These papers were made using water, reinkers, and an iridescent medium similar to the Shimmer Paints found in the new Holiday Mini catalog.








Stay tuned to see what projects I create with these mini works of art! Even thought I have a few ideas rattling up there in my brain, even I can't say for sure what will happen next!

4 comments:

Ramblin Rose said...

You'll have to Email me how you use this product. I missed any information on it on Late Night Stampers. I don't manage to read all the messages. There are just too many great things going on there. :-)
Rose Ann

christina d said...

I love the paper! I just discovered that medium a couple weeks ago at the gathering. It looks great painted on silk flowers too. Now all I need is re-inkers. Now I NEED to join Sherrill's group! LOL!

rush8888 said...

the technique looks fun, but i don't know what i would do with it...not that i just didn't come up with a long list of stuff that YOU can do with it.

Sherrill Graff owner said...

Your papers are beautiful Joyce!!!! I love the color combinations you have used. Did you know that new shimmer paint stampin up sells works well with this technique as well :) Oh happy day. Stampin up is the best company around and the demonstrators are all wonderful! Thanks for entering my free stamps contest by making handpainted paper cards! Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com