Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mission: Men's Birthday Cards, continued

After a loooong night's sleep, I woke up Saturday morning feeling a lot more like my usual happy self. I think sometimes the mind is more likely to keep cycling through negative thoughts when it's tired. While I am no longer a Christian, I do appreciate the kind words and prayers on my behalf.

I try to learn from all my experiences, including the unpleasant ones; and what I learned this time around was to keep my feedback to myself unless it is personally solicited by someone I already know and trust. I'll keep leaving encouraging comments on others' projects when something strikes me as exceptional, but otherwise I'll just keep my thoughts to myself. There will be less chance for hard feelings, and in the long run, doing so will save me time and energy that I can put into stamping.

And speaking of stamping, here are my Saturday cards. I pulled out my Circle Circus set for the first time and went to town! I chose to work with shades of blues and greens: Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Brilliant Blue, and Ballet Blue. I pulled out my Boho Blossoms punch and Brilliant Blue brads to add a little something to the centers of the circles, hopefully without being too girly. The Happy Birthday circle is from the set Think Happy Thoughts.


I used a sentiment from Heard from the Heart on the second card, and added a Brilliant Blue Scalloped Circle to make the Happy Birthday circle stand out a bit.


This set of birthday cards for men is supposed to include ten cards. I've decided to leave out the Dusty Durango Medallion card from the last post -- I'm just not so sure it's a good card -- so now I have three to go. I'm hoping I can finish off this project today and start making another batch of Cards for the Kids.

2 comments:

rush8888 said...

why is it when people think of men-cards, they also think of brown? i think these guys need a little flick of color once in awhile. hay! i just had a brilliant thought! why not use the colors of their favorite ball team? they are colorful, yet manly...or people-y. perhaps the message shouldn't be very flowery?

christina d said...

I like her idea!! Tat's neat. Gonna remember this for colors! I like the cards, but you know that. I'm glad you're happier. Keep it up!! I like these cards. The colors are great. I get alot of ideas from your blog!