Monday, April 29, 2013

Sick Card Healed!

In my last post I alluded to making a card using the stamp set You Send Me Soaring that was so awful I had to ship it off to have my friends Katie and Fonda work on "healing" it since I had lost objectivity.  Here's what they saw when they opened the envelope:


and this is the new, improved version:


They used gel pens to bring out the tails of the kites, thus breaking up the overpowering diagonal.  Also added was some shimmer pen to the edges of the kites, which helps set them off from the background.  I am so fortunate to have friends who can give a fresh eye to my stamping projects when I am at my wit's end!

Looking forward to getting my fingers inky again later this week,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
     

3 comments:

rush said...

katie did the work. i was a consultant. i'm glad it is worthy of adding to you arsenal.

christina d said...

They did great! I never thought of using gel pens to make something stand out. Yay for the gals!

Katie Kleber said...

i am so glad you liked it...it was a glaze (white) and a marker(black) with a gelly roll (clear/sparkles)...we were not sure that you would like it, but it was an option...i was disapointed that the blue kind'a bled through the white a bit, but it was not bad : )