Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fifty Christmas Cards - Batch Three: Snow Days

I especially like this next batch of cards, made with the new Snow Days stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini catalog.  I also chose to work with the cool color scheme of Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, and Smoky Slate, all colors that coordinate with the Winter Frost specialty designer series paper.  As if that wasn't enough wonderfulness, I splurged and used some of the Frosted Finishes embellishments on some of the cards... wowza!

Card 1:


The Island Indigo ribbon was a freebie during this year's Sale-a-Bration event. Gotta love it!


(Click to enlarge photos.)

Card 2:



My pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.  I used Whisper White, but it seems to be showing up here as beige-ish.  I'll have to work on my lighting when I take pictures.  In the meantime, indulge me and imagine these cards as bright happy sparkling white!

Card 3:


The snowflakes on this card are large metallic brads that I've had in my stash for forever.  The sentiment is embossed in silver.  The yarn was a last-minute surprise, something I noticed while staring into space in the general direction of my supply shelves and thought might coordinate nicely with the colors in these cards.  I think the yarn really adds a cozy feel to the card.


Card 4:


The 1/8" metallic silver ribbon is from the current holiday mini catalog.


Card 5:


I couldn't resist adding some delicious candy dots to this card.  The Island Indigo panel is embossed with a snowflakes embossing folder from my stash.


Card 6:



That's it for this batch of cards. If you have any comments or questions, please either leave a comment below or email me.  I LOVE feedback!

Coming up next will be posts of my ATCs for September as well as a batch of Christmas cards made with a House Mouse stamp... so stay tuned!

Crisp October Smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
              

2 comments:

Lori Comeau said...

Nice job on your cards Joyce. I made my Christmas cards last year. I think this year I'm giving myself a break and gonna go the greeting card route.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

christina d said...

Your cards came out great of course! Margie already has her cards done this year. I hope I can get at least 2 done.