Monday, October 21, 2013

Gelli Plate Monoprinting

When my BFF Chris came to visit me during the first week of September, one of the things we did was play with her 6" x 6" gelli plate.  She showed me how to use acrylic paint and stencils to "pull" images off the plate.  These are some of the designs that magically happened:






















I think some of these look rather experimental (read: yuck), but there are some that are going to be perfect for use on cards or artist trading cards.  I may add more color to some, doodle on some others, and who knows what else my imagination will come up with?  I definitely see a gelli plate in my future so that I can play some more and experiment with other things besides stencils!

Gelli smiles,
Joyce Spear, a.k.a. StamperJoyce
    

1 comment:

christina d said...

Might be yucky but they can be sprayed and sponged and added to. It was fun watching you having fun!