At first glance they don't look like much, but I used this project to practice coloring and shading as well as to practice creating a scene. Here's the first of four cards, my prototype for the rest:
I used ten of her stamps (plus a few of my own) to make this card front. (For other insanely curious people like myself who might have to know which ten, they are: the frog, two dragonflies, the flower with ladybug already on it, the "enjoy" sentiment, the grass, and the branch with three leaf clusters.)
I started each scene by using Stampin' Up! inks (Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky) to lay down the background color. I used two sizes of scallop circle punches to create the clouds with a sponge. The most time-consuming part was creating grass that I could be proud of. I had one stamp of grass close to an inch long, and I used it to create hills and valleys, shadows and sunny spots.
The rest was coloring and fussy cutting, then mounting the images with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I experimented with a different froggie color on the fourth card since I was getting restless. Here's the inside of the card:
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Coming up next: Bendy cards! Oh, my... so much fun!
Joyce Spear a.k.a. Stamper Joyce