Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Colorful Birthday Card

One of my favorite friends had a birthday mid-month, and I used it as an excuse to finally break into a virgin stamp set -- Fill-in-the-Blank, which was part of Catherine Pooler Designs' Lovely Notes Stamp of Approval collection last year. (The set is now available for individual purchase in Catherine's store.)


I began the card by creating the banner using my handy-dandy MISTI tool. It took me a bit of time to ink-stamp-clean for each color (probably because I'm a putzy stamper), but I really like how it turned out. I used the banner from Lovely Flowers and Banners dies to create the scalloped banner bases, and the flowers and leaves layered onto the banner are from the Enchanted Garden stamps and dies. 

I embossed the Bundles of Blossoms background stamp from My Favorite Things, then daubed on color from inks I used on the banner itself. I got a little carried away and used my daubers on the whole panel, so it was kinda painful to place the huge banner over the colorful gorgeousness. (This is why I should plan my projects instead of creating on the fly, lol!) The card base is Stampin' Up!'s Pacific Point, which seems to nicely coordinate with Catherine's Something Borrowed ink. A few sequins and voila' -- a birthday card!

Bright Smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
        

No comments: