Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Stippled Blossoms Revisited

I've had a fascination with Stampin' Up!'s now-retired Stippled Blossoms stamp set since I first laid eyes on it years ago. I made a 60th anniversary card using the set awhile back, but have always wanted to redo it with some changes. Below are the new, improved cards.

The recent arrival of some new Catherine Pooler Designs inks was the catalyst for these cards. It's easy enough to use Stampin' Up colors with Stampin' Up stamps, but I wanted to see if I could use Catherine's inks to create a different look.

Card 1 - I used It's a Boy and Something Borrowed to create the flowers for this first one. The background is SU's I Love Lace with Hello Doily overstamped in the bottom left corner, both in Sahara Sand, on which are layered the flowers. The leaves are CPD's Grass Skirt and SU's Garden Green. Being the lunatic I am, I fussy-cut all the flowers and leaves for all four cards in one sitting. (I'm not sure whether that counts as therapy or indicates that I need more therapy!) The sentiment is taken from the Geraniums Take Two set by Power Poppy and was stamped on a circle created by SU's Stitched Shapes dies. All elements of the card were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock.


This first card was made for a friend who intends to give the card to her mother, so her mom's favorite Bible verse (Phil. 1:21) is on the left side; I printed it on my computer printer. On the right is a sentiment from CPD's Wild Bloom set. All rectangles were cut with a stitched die set from Simon Says Stamp, and the oval is from the Stitched Shapes dies again.


Card 2 - The flowers here are stamped in Pixie Dust and Flirty Fuchsia. The background is an old SU stamp called Script, overstamped with Gorgeous Grunge. The butterflies were created with the Beautiful Wings embosslit from SU which retired some time ago, and have a clear gemstone accent.


Card 3 - I used It's a Girl and Party dress for these flowers, and the background is called Victorian Lace.



Card 4 - Here I used the I Love Lace background stamp again and the same colors as in Card 2. Why did I make a vertical card? Because I inadvertently stamped the doily in the wrong corner for it to be horizontal (giggle!).


* * * * * * * * * * * *
As of this post, I am up-to-date with blogging finished cards. I have about 20 Christmas cards in progress and a handful of non-holiday cards as well. I also need to finish up an Artist Trading Card (ATC) project -- so hopefully all of this will be coming soon!

As always, thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
         

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Simply gorgeous Joyce!

Jennifer Hovermale said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous cards!! I love the flowers that you used and the Love Lace background stamp!!!!! The background stamp with the tiny flowers is so pretty and dainty looking. Very beautiful cards!!!!!

susan.w said...

Hi, Joyce! Beautiful cards.