Tuesday, June 20, 2017

First Naturally Inspired Card

On Friday, June 9th, I received my Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval collection in the mail. A dear friend of mine also ordered it, and so I thought it might be fun to challenge her to see which of us could complete a card from the collection first. I tend to dawdle and get sidetracked, while she doesn't always get to her new toys right away because she has so much other stuff on her plate - so I figured we both could use the incentive to break open our boxes.

The box arrived and, as usual, I opened it up to look at each item and squeal with excitement. The first products I chose to play with were a big stamp set called Medallion Mix-Up, the Best die (which is the word "best" in a lovely font), and the Simply the Best stamp set. Catherine also included some exclusive-to-SOA embossing powder called Wanderlust... which knocked my socks off! I used the EP on the Best die after gluing four die cuts of it together to elevate the word from the card base. 


Here you can kind of see the shimmer:


The medallions were stamped in Something Borrowed, Tiki torch, Pixie Dust, Party Dress, and Grass Skirt from Catherine Pooler inks. The embossed words in white came from the Simply the Best stamp set and were raised using foam tape.

I finished my card around 10:30 p.m. that day, but was too pooped to take pictures and post, (and I secretly didn't think my friend would get to make a card that day). Turns out she had two beautiful cards done and posted by shortly after 11 p.m. - so she easily won!

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Next post: Feathers!

Sparkly smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
        

No comments: