Thursday, June 22, 2017

Naturally Inspired Meets Extreme Cosmic Shimmer

A few days ago I posted a card on which I used a product called Cosmic Shimmer, an embossing paste packed with glittery goodness that creates a huge wow factor on any project. To create a blue paste, I added a bit of Something Borrowed, one of the awesome inks from Catherine Pooler Designs. After creating the background for that card I still had a lot of blue Cosmic Shimmer left - so I grabbed the Mod Squared stencil and another piece of cardstock and used up every last bit of the embossing paste. This resulted in a nearly 4" x 5.25" panel which I trimmed to fit on an A2 card base. Then I sat and admired the background for about two weeks. (Really, how could I cover up something so gorgeous?)


Finally it dawned on me that this background would play well with translucent vellum. I cut a piece of vellum using the Spiro Doily die from the Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval and placed it over the glitter background. Next I stamped some flowers from the Wild Garden stamp set in Grass Skirt and Party Dress and butterflies in Something Borrowed, cut them out with their coordinating dies, then adhered those onto the vellum. I placed adhesive strategically on the backside of the vellum doily where the flowers were attached and glued it to the background panel. I added a quick sentiment and called the card front finished. I stamped some matching flowers on the inside of the card and the envelope to pull it all together.

I'm disappointed that I couldn't quite capture the sparkle of this card in a photo. It really is magnificent!

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Coming up: A silly birthday card 

Sparkly smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
          

No comments: