Monday, January 28, 2008

Bali Breeze Color Stretch

Today I decided to continue working with Stampin' Up!'s Bali Breeze double-sided designer paper. The colors that coordinate with this paper are Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and Old Olive. When I saw the papers in the preview brochure, I just HAD to have them, (you know how that goes!), but once they landed on my desk, I spent days staring at the colors and wondering what I was thinking. These colors have me out of my comfort zone, but I forged ahead... and I think I came up with some decent cards. You be the judge.



This first card is the the boldest of today's creations -- don't you just love the paper? I think this is my first time layering the corner punches, and the brads match perfectly with the Pumpkin in the print. The "Smile" is from the Word By Word background stamp. Such a simple card, but fun!






The following card is Old Olive with River Rock accents. It looks a bit washed out in the photo, but in real life it looks pretty classy. Gold Stickles adds a bit of pizazz.






I was hesitant about putting Old Olive and Taken with Teal together in the same card, but with the encouragement of a friend I moved forward on these two; and I'm very pleased with the results. Stamps are from "Embrace Life," and I also used blender pens, white grosgrain ribbon, and green jewel brads that coordinate well with the Old Olive in the center of the flowers.








This last card is Old Olive and Very Vanilla, with gold flower brads to give it a bit of bling. The "Give Thanks" stamp is from The Angel Company. I used my trusty Corners punch and the retired Wrought Iron corner punch. The little envelope came in a package of goodies sent to me by the list mom for the KraftingKarensStampCamp Yahoo! group who was cleaning up her work area and offered to send her "junk" to someone. I jumped at the offer, as one person's junk is another person's treasure! I'm looking forward to incorporating the other goodies into future cards.









I'm heading out today to see the doctor and run some errands, but I can't wait to get back home and continue working with the Bali Breeze papers!

1 comment:

Keely said...

Bali Breeze. Hmmmm... sounds like an exotic drink!!! [grin]