Sunday, January 6, 2008

More Ginger Blossoms Cards

I've been working on another gift set of cards using the Ginger Blossoms double sided papers from Stampin' Up!



The words on this first card were trimmed from the Word By Word background stamp. The stitched look was created with a Hero Arts stamp. Cardstock is Cameo Coral and ink is Ruby Red. I kept the card simple because I think the paper design makes a big impact all by itself.






This simple card was made with the Garden Silhouettes set. I added a little coordinating double-stitched ribbon and used the ticket corner punch to jazz things up a little. When I combined the colors Wild Wasabi and River Rock back in November, I felt I had created an ugly card -- but now I love these colors together!






I let the paper speak for itself on this card, too. Cardstock colors are Ruby Red, River Rock, and Cameo Coral. The camera doesn't pick up the gold flecks I made with my Zig Painty, but they look cool with the gold eyelets.






I used clear embossing powder on white craft ink for the "stitches" on this card, and further enhanced the stitched look by using my paper piercing tool. If I had to do it over again, I'd use white EP instead to make it look more authentic. The single flower is from Embrace Life, and the Native American Saying is from The Angel Company.






This next Cameo Coral card features paper piercing on the corner punch accents, and some Stickles around the flower centers for pizzazz.






Here's an other embarrassingly easy card made with Embrace Life. Cardstock is Blue Bayou, and I used a blender pen to give the flowers a little depth. See the pretty Stickles?






The centerpiece for this River Rock card is stamped in Ruby Red using the Garden Silhouettes set. Punched corner accents are Cameo Coral and Groovy Guava.






I used the Word By Word background stamp again on this next card, simply cutting out the word "happiness." Card base is Wild Wasabi, stitching is again the Hero Arts stamp, and centerpiece flower is colored with blender pen and Stickles.



2 comments:

Keely said...

What lovelies!!! When are we going to see you at stamp club? We miss your smiling face!!! [grin]

Katie Kleber said...

how pretty...that set is beginning to grow on me...hummmmm something to think aobut...taking a break.
with love, k