Thursday, February 14, 2008

Faux Silk Technique Swap

One of the folks in the KraftingKarensStampCamps Yahoo Group requested for Wish Wednesday yesterday that more people join the Faux Silk Technique Swap which she is hostessing -- and in a moment of madness I told her to count me in!



Actually, I'm glad I did it. The technique is super easy and fun, and I really like the results. Basically, it goes like this: (1) stamp on tissue paper, (2) smoosh and wrinkle tissue paper, (3) unsmoosh the wad of tissue paper, (4) glue tissue paper onto neutral cardstock using a glue stick. Let dry and trim to size. Voila! You got something that looks kinda like silk.



I broke into my brand new Stampin' Up! set, "Always," which I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of since I love love love it. Colors are Purely Pomegranite, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, and Wild Wasabi. The "always on my mind - forever in my heart" is stamped in black either directly on the card base or on a scrap of Blue Bayou, depending on how straight my first stamping attempt was (*grin*).



The "ALWAYS" flower is four layers: Two scallop punches, a 1-1/4" circle punch, and a 1-3/8" circle punch. The little holes in the Guava scallop were done with a teeny tiny hand punch. It's attached to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional. Fun, eh?



Here's a pic of the tissue paper before I smooshed it:





... and the set of 10 cards needed for the swap:





and finally, a closer view of a single card:


1 comment:

Keely said...

Those will be a welcome addition to the swap, I'm sure!!!