Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Working with Gamsol

About six months ago (or maybe a year, who knows?) I got me some Gamsol (oderless mineral spirits) and had every intention of experimenting with colored pencil blending. Alas, life happened, and the Gamsol got lost in the shuffle for awhile. It resurfaced today, and it occurred to me to try it out with the Garden Windows Hero Arts set I got last week. I looked high and low for my SU! pure color pencils and couldn't find them, and my PrismaColor pencils are on a shelf too high for me to reach without help... so I pulled out my cheapie Crayola colored pencils to see if they'd work. They did!



I tend to not use colored pencils much because even when I color in a circular motion I can still see the pencil strokes, which I find discouraging. Gamsol solves that problem! I tried my best to get some pictures so you could see the difference with and without using Gamsol. The images on the left are the Gamsol'd set. The contrast is even more striking in real life.





Now to make some cards out of these...


1 comment:

Cheryl KVD said...

Hello! These are beautiful!! I have been wanting to get some Gamsol. I looked all over Michaels and can't find any. Can you please tell me where you got yours? Thanks so much!
Cheryl KVD
cak_ie@hotmail.com