Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Few Cards...

My mojo's been a little wonky the last few days, but I've had to forge ahead and make some cards anyway. Don't hurt yourself laughing, okay?

This first card I made today, and I guess it's not too bad. I was hoping for something with more POW, but ended up with a sweet little birthday card for my nurse.

Stamps: Birthdays Count, Always, Always in Bloom wheel
Colors: Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver
And: Silver Detail Embossing Powder, Scallop Border punch, small circle punch, white taffeta ribbon, sponge


The card below is one of the ugliest cards I've ever made -- definitely a case of a good idea gone bad. Maybe if I make the candle a pastel color, and print the "Look Who's Turning 1" in black... or maybe this should just end up in a circular file!

Stamps: Big Birthday Candle, Really Retro
Colors: All Wrong (I should stick with SU! products that I *know* will work together when my mojo's off!)


Hopefully your eyes aren't bleeding and you can look at the next one, which is a little better.

Stamps: Just B, Really Retro, Oval All, Three for You
Colors: Mauve Mist (a retired SU! color), Lavendar Lace
And: Paper from a DCWV Glitter Stack, Flower Trio punch, Oval and Scallop Oval punches, Star Dust Stickles, cool ribbon found on my worktable (smile), Stampin' Dimensionals


The two party invitations were choices I gave to my friend in Georgia (hi, Nikki!) for the upcoming first birthday party for her granddaughter (hugs to Samantha!). I had planned to give Nikki a couple more choices, especially since the one was such a dud; but she really like the purple one, so that's the one I'll be making multiples of. Gosh, how can Sam be a year old already? She was just born!

No comments: