Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Five Cards (Catching up on posting!)

I've continued to work on sympathy and anniversary cards this last week, and just realized that I haven't been posting them -- so now it's catch-up time!

Card 1
Here's a simple sympathy card that I think looks very elegant...



Stamp Sets: Because I Care, Small Sayings (inside)
Colors: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, retired mystery DSP
Punches: Extra Large Scalloped Oval, Large Oval
And: Stampin' Pastels, 5/8" satin ribbon, Basic Pearls, sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals


Card 2
I struggled with this card, but I think it turned out to be, well, "interesting"...



Stamp Sets: By Definition (taken from My Digital Studio), Word Play (inside)
Colors: Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, retired mystery DSP
Punches: Boho Blossoms, Decorative Label, non-SU! border punch
And: Sponge, Gelly Roll shimmer pen (non-SU!)


Cards 3 and 4
I saw this design somewhere awhile back and it stuck in my head, so I just HAD to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) it! Unfortunately, my CRS is acting up and I can't remember now who the original designer is. If it's you, speak up so that I can give you credit for this wonderful card design that works for any occasion!


Stamp Set: Warmest Regards
Colors: Shimmer White (card base), Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy
Big Shot: Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Beautiful Wings Embosslit



Stamp Set: Warmest Regards, A Word for You (inside the anniversary card)
Colors: Shimmer White (card base), Real Red, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry
Big Shot: Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Beautiful Wings Embosslit


Card 5
Look, ma! No stamps! I did this card using the My Digital Studio software! The "DSP" is from Summertime Splendor, and the sentiment is just something I typed and applied a font to. I printed the DSP twice along with the sentiment on my home printer, and then I punched the sentiment and background to it with the Wide Oval punch. The ribbon is the real deal -- 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon in Concord Crush. The card base is real cardstock, too, also Concord Crush, to which I applied panels of the DSP. (I have since learned how to resize and better use DSP in My Digital Studio.)



I have three more anniversary cards to do to complete this order, and I hope to have them done before Saturday so I can give them to my friend then. So, as ever, stay tuned...

Warmly,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce

3 comments:

Teresa Hafso said...

Absolutely beautiful and I have to say that using the "By Definition" was a good choice. When my father passed away I did a 12 x 12 scrap page of him and I too used the 'Memories' stamp as I thought it said what I felt. So a very good choice in stamps. Merry Christmas!

Back Porch Stamper said...

Lovely cards! I especially like your use of the pearls. It is obvious that you've spent lots of time on these, and well deserved outcome.
Merry Christmas!

christina d said...

I love your cards. Of course the hydrangea one is my fav, cause that's my set someday! The one you did with MDS is o pretty. I still like to pay with paper and glue though, but someday! Keep up the great art, I always like looking at it!!!