Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

I have an order for six anniversary cards and six sympathy cards, and I've been itching to pull out my Thoughts & Prayers wood mount stamp set from Stampin' Up! I decided that because I have so many cards to do (these in addition to other orders, plus my own holiday cards maybe), I'd keep the designs super simple. I've managed to come up with four cards in the last two days -- and the night is young! Here's what I've done so far...

Stamp set: Thoughts & Prayers
Colors: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Big Shot: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
And: 1/4" Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon

Stamp set: Thoughts & Prayers
Colors: Marina Mist (isn't it gorgeous? Well, my camera's giving me fits tonight, so trust me, it's gorgeous!), Whisper White
Big Shot: Oval Scallop Frame
And: Basic Pearls

Stamp sets: Thoughts & Prayers, A Word for You
Colors: Old Olive, Marina Mist, Real Red (great combination!!), Whisper White
Big Shot: Square Lattice embossing folder
Punch: Heart to Heart, retired corner punch that I don't remember the name of -- but I'll look it up if anyone really needs to know

And finally, my favorite so far...

Stamp sets: Thoughts & Prayers, A Word for You
Colors: Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
And: Stampin' Write markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

For me, the best part of these cards is that they're coming together easily. My style is usually to anguish over what to do, colors to use, stamps to use, layout, embellishments, and so on until I make myself crazy. I've gone into a lower-key stamping mode somehow with these, though, and I think it's working for me!

So, I'm one-third done with this group of cards and hopeful I'll finish up within the next few days. Stay tuned for more card pictures!

Peace,
Joyce Spear, a.k.a. StamperJoyce

6 comments:

Mary said...

I know just what you are talking about. I just love this stamp set and find it easy to use too. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

these are so amazing. So glad that you have posted them. thanks for sharing

christina d said...

Glad to see you posting, it's the only way I can see your cards. Unless, you decide to send them to me?? LOL! I love your cards, although the first ones are for sad occasions. The anniv one is my fav too!

April Storie said...

thank you for sharing these beautiful cards. I relate to the "anguish" factor - I am fairly new to stamping and SU and hope that one day (or night) I will also be able to pull together four cards that look as nice as these! You inspire me.

Katie Kleber said...

beautiful, as usual...i love the choices you made to KISS (...silly)!

good job! peace.

rush said...

making sympathy cards aren't easy, but it is wonderful that you can use the same images as those for the anniversary cards.