Sunday, March 26, 2017

Beautiful You

Recently I joined in on another Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge, SC636, using it to make a birthday card for a friend of mine in Canada. (Hi, Lydia!) Here is the sketch designed by my friend Carey. (Hi, Carey!)



I had just received a Stampin' Up! order that included the fabulous stamp set called Beautiful You and was eager to use it, so this card fell together pretty quickly.


The card base is Pacific Point, and the striped left edge Party Animal designer series paper contains that color as well as Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, and Whisper White. I used a Real Red SU! watercolor pencil to color the lady's hat and dress, but chose not to add water for fear of touching the Pacific Point ink and ending up with a mess. (I have shaky hands.) 

The scalloped edge was cut with the first Edgelit I purchased long, long ago. Both the scalloped circle and the inner circle were cut with the Layering Circles framelits. and the sentiment banner was cut with using the Banner framelits. The yellow flowers were punched from a retired SU! punch, and the blue centers are Pacific Point candy dots. The circle and the banner are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and most edges are sponged to soften the look.

I like the inside of the card even better:



Beautiful You is a wonderful stamp set that I'm sure I'll be coming back to frequently.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
In other news, I'm still working on a set of ATCs for a friend. I keep getting sidetracked, though, which probably indicates that making ATCs is ultimately not my "thing." Either that or I have the attention span of a gnat. ;)

Beautiful smiles for Beautiful You,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
              

No comments: