Saturday, March 4, 2017

Quick Party Collection Cards

Today's post will be quick, just as the two featured cards were to make. I used my new Catherine Pooler Designs inks from the Party Collection along with some of her stamp sets to create these one-layer cards.

This first one uses the colors Lime Rickey, Grass Skirt, Fiesta Blue, and Something Borrowed along with Memento Tuxedo Black. I think the dots are from the chevron in the Yay Stripes set, and the greetings are from Hello World, but if anyone would like to me to double-check I'd be happy to do so. The 'hi' and 'hello' were stamped on die cuts from Stampin' Up!'s Word Windows die set and layered on black cuts of the same, then popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals after hand-drawing the lines around the bubbles. I added a bit of black and white baker's twine and some gold sequins and Voila'! I had a general purpose masculine card.


To create the yellow panel on the next card, I first laid down some post-it tape to mask the diagonal, and then carefully stenciled inside of it with Tiara ink. I stamped the words with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, the leaves with Lime Rickey, and the blue doo-dads with Fiesta Blue. I was pretty pleased with the card even before I decided to add the bling in the stenciled area, but I think the clear gemstones give the card a bit more personality.


How's that for quick and easy?

* * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm still working on my Artist Trading Cards which I will use in a Pocket Letter I'll be exchanging with one of my StampNation sistahs. I'm also making a second batch of ATCs which I will be trading with a long-lost friend from high school, so I'm putting extra effort into those! Pictures of these 18 ATC cards should be ready to post within the next week or two. Meanwhile, I also need to work on some birthday cards and I am longing to get back to my art journal. Sigh... I wish I could hire someone to do my day-to-day life stuff so that I could sit and create all day, every day! Quite a dream, huh?

Busy smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. StamperJoyce
         

1 comment:

Jennifer Hovermale said...

Your cards look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! The dotted cards make for perfect masculine cards. I can't believe that you outlined around the speech bubbles. It looks so good and perfect!!! It looks like it's been stamped like that or was part of the stamped image.
The second card is my favorite. The yellow is so bright and cheerful! With the flowers and small leaf sprigs, this card makes the perfect spring birthday or even Easter card!!! The added bling inside the flower centers is GORGEOUS!!! It's sorta like the sunshine with the flowers blooming on the ground. (Sorry I have a tendency to analyze everything, including cards.)
These are two FANTABULOUS cards perfect for the spring season!!!