Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams Birthday

I just made a complete fool of myself by calling my friend who designs some of the Splitcoaststampers weekly sketch challenges and bragging that I finally finished a card before the day it was due to be posted. My bubble burst when she reminded me that this is the day to upload and post it. Rats! I feel like I lost a couple weeks this month.

This is the sketch for SC638 ...



... and here is the card I made using it:



Here you can see the iridescent green (courtesy of Perfect Pearls) on the wings a bit better:



It was hard choosing how I wanted to do the wings since I could have used an iridescent embossing powder, mica watercolors, Pearl-ex, or even a clear Wink of Stella or Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I chose the Perfect Pearls because I love their subtle shine in just the color I wanted, and no fixative was required because I used the Perfect Medium.

A close-up of the dragonfly:



And the inside:


The dragonfly on the card front is actually two glued back-to-back so that you can see the iridescent underside of his wings when they are lifted up for display.

Stamp set: Dragonfly Dreams
Colors: Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Falling in Love DSP from the current Occasions catalog
Dies: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Stitched Shapes, Layering Squares, and a border die that was one of the first ones SU ever released and also one whose name eludes me.
Other stuff: Perfect Medium, green Perfect Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, paintbrush, sponge, markers

* * * * * * * * * * * *
What's next? you ask. (Or am I hearing voices?) To be honest, I'm not really sure. I do need to regroup and finish up an ATC project, then check to see what birthdays and deadlines are sneaking up on me during April. I *might* do an art journal page related to me getting dentures, as there have been quite a few hilarious moments this week after their arrival on Friday. I'm learning how to talk and eat, sometimes together, all over again!

Brilliant new smiles,
Joyce Spear a.k.a. Stamper Joyce
          

No comments: