Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another Round of Bali Breeze

I've been playing some more over the last few days with the SU! Bali Breeze double-sided papers, and here's what I came up with...



I pulled out my tag punches and the flower punch from the Three For You Punch Box kit for this first card. I really like the teal and red rose color combination.






The woman/butterfly stamp is from Ducks in a Row. I pulled out my heat gun and embossing powder for this card and some of the others. I'd forgotten how embossing makes a simple card look elegant. In case you can't read the quote, it says "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts. - Henry David Thoreau" I know it's a Stampin' Up! stamp because of the index label, but I wish I knew what set it came from. Anyone out there know??






I couldn't decide which side of the paper I wanted to use for the next card, so I just chopped it in half and split the difference. I also tried a technique I had read about in a Yahoo! group: Rather than actually get up from my desk and get my rose red craft pad (heaven forbid!), I just inked the stamp with Versamark and then inked it again in the rose red dye ink pad. It embossed gorgeously!!






I used my blender pen to color in the flowers on this next embossed image.






I wasn't so sure about this next card because of the colors, but it's grown on me this morning. Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Rose Red is an unlikely color combination, but it seems to work. As a happy accident, I grabbed my Dragonfly Black Colorbox pad to emboss rather than my Lava Black -- and it turns out the greenish black looks great with the Old Olive.






I pulled out punches and pretties to make this next card. I colored the white flowers with markers, and a green jewel brad holds them together.






Don't tell anyone, but these next two cards are made from scraps. I like the first one best.






Of this batch of cards, this one is the one I'm least sure about. But, I can honestly say I've made uglier cards, so I've decided it's not so bad.



No comments: