Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cupcakes, Anyone?

I got some new stamps today! Yeehaw!!! Life is good.



Right away I broke into my special edition Birthday Cupcakes set from Hero Arts. I love these stamps! They're so fun! (Okay, I'll stop using so many exclamation points... just wanted you to know I'm excited.)



I decided to try my SU! watercolor crayons and aquabrush for the first time, even though I've had them on the shelf for a couple years. I'm kicking myself now for not using them sooner. I'm in watercolor heaven! Now I just need to work on my technique.



I found this print paper in my stash and it just screamed "Use Me!" -- so I did. I layered it on card bases of textured denim (non-SU!), Elegant Eggplant, and Orchid Opulance. I frosted some of the cupcakes with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and some with Star Dust Stickles. I used raised gold stickers on some cards and white rub-ons on one. The cards came together quite quickly, much to my surprise, and I think they're a lot of fun.










*Looking around furtively* Now, what else can I use these watercolor crayons on?


4 comments:

Rayvins Cards said...

excellent job as always my friend....keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

wtg my friend.....excellent

Katie Kleber said...

how fun! Yay Joyce!!

rush8888 said...

she was blinding me with stickles ..... sing with me! i would eat that frosting!