Monday, July 28, 2008

More Birthday Cards

A dear friend ordered three August birthday cards for family, so I put my nose to the grindstone (ha! as if stamping is hard work!) and came up with the following for her:



This first card may look suspiciously familiar (see last post), but there are some differences. For one, I used blender pens rather than an aquapainter, and I much prefer the results. Secondly, I raised the two colored flowers with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Sets used: Time Well Spent, For a Friend (inside). Colors: Pirouette Pink and Purely Pomegranite.







This next card speaks for itself. The only Stampin' Up! material used is the cardstock. Image is colored with pencils. Inside the accent circles on the front are three silver button brads.







For the third card, I dug out an old SU! set, Flower Garden, mostly because I love the rose. Colors are Barely Banana and Garden Green, with a touch of Bashful Blue blender pen work behind the rose. I also stamped the Aida background with So Saffron, just to make it stand out a little more than VersaMark would. Oval and oval scallop punches are by Marvy. The straight scallop was made with SU!'s new border scallop punch. And the lace was a gift from the person I made the cards for!





1 comment:

rush8888 said...

card 1: stickles? my favorite!
card 2: was that card meant for me?
card 3: eh...i shrug, but that's ok. happy creating. f